Govt. Spawn Suppliers
Spawn of mushroom is an another important input in mushroom cultivation available at selected places. Arrangement of spawn should be done in advance. Before starting mushroom cultivation, entrepreneurs and farmers should ensure that spawn is available within the periphery of 200-300 km.
In India, besides DMR, the other Institutions / SAUs provide spawn to entrepreneurs and farmers. Important sources of mushroom spawn are listed below:
- Dr. Y.S. Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry, Nauni (HP).
- Deptt. of Plant Pathology, Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar (Haryana).
- Directorate of Horticulture, Mushroom Spawn Laboratory, Kohima.
- Deptt. of Agriculture, Manipur, Imphal.
- Govt. Spawn Production Laboratory, Horticulture Complex, Chhouni Kalan, Hoshiarpur (Pb.).
- Vigyan Samiti, Udaipur (Rajasthan).
- Regional Research Laboratory, CSIR, Srinagar (J&K).
- Deptt. of Agriculture, Lalmandi, Srinagar (J&K).
- Deptt. of Plant Pathology, J.N. Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya, Jabalpur (MP).
- Dept. of Plant Pathology, Assam Agril. University, Jorhat (Assam).
- Regional Hort. Research Station, Dhaulakuan, Sirmaur (HP)
- HPKVV Spawn Lab., Palampur, Kangra (HP)
Except these Govt. spawn producers, there are private persons engaged in mushroom spawn production situated at places like Solan (HP), Kurukshetra (Haryana), Delhi, Patna (Bihar), Mumbai (MS) etc.